It is time to dive deeper into IBC!
As you probably already can imagine, relayers are an important concept when dealing with inter-blockchain communication. Thus, you can have a more detailed look at relaying with IBC in the following sections. Then an introduction into IBC custom applications follows, including hands-on exercises on how to extend your checkers blockchain. At the end of the chapter, you can find some sections on IBC middleware elaborating on how you can create a custom IBC middleware and integrate it into your chains.
# In this chapter
In this chapter, you will:
- Explore relaying with IBC, including how to work with the Go and Hermes relayers.
- Take a closer look at custom IBC apps and how to make a module IBC-enabled.
- Discover how to add packet and acknodledgment data.
- Dive into adding modules to existing chains to make them IBC-enabled.
- Understand how to send information from one IBC-enabled chain to another.
- Learn what an IBC middleware is and how to create a custom middleware to integrate it into your chain.
IBC Application Developer Introduction
Make a Module IBC-Enabled
Adding Packet and Acknowledgement Data
Extend the Checkers Game With a Leaderboard
Create a Leaderboard Chain
# Next up
Start of with an introduction to relaying with IBC in the next section. After, you can dive into more details on the Go and Hermes relayer and apply your knowledge to practice.