First Steps to Run Your Chain
Do you want to find out how to run Cosmos chains? Take it step-by-step.
Begin with an introduction to the Cosmos SDK v0.50 and the first steps to building an application-specific blockchain from scratch.
In the following chapters, you will learn how to implement a checkers game blockchain with all the different aspects this can entail.
# In this chapter
In this chapter, you will:
- Prepare your computer to work with the Cosmos SDK v0.50.
- Clone two minimal repositories that will get you started fast.
- Begin implementing a Cosmos module for a checkers game using your own IDE, starting from an empty folder.
- Create one stored object type.
- Create one custom message for your blockchain.
- Work with the message handler to create and save games.
- Create one custom query for your blockchain.
Build Your Module
Add Your First Object
Add Your First Message
Add Your First Query
# Next up
Before you set up this exercise, prep everything by going through the section Set Up Your Work Environment.
If your setup is ready to go, begin with the next section.