The Inter-Blockchain Communication Protocol
Ever wondered how cross-chain communication is possible? Get a fast introduction to the world of the Inter-Blockchain Communication Protocol (IBC).
Learn more about the transportation, authentication, and ordering layer of IBC and take a deeper dive into how token transfers between chains become possible. Finally, have a quick look at interchain accounts and the tools that are available to visualize networks of chains connected with IBC.
# In this chapter
In this chapter, you will:
- Discover what IBC is.
- Get an introduction to the different layers of IBC and how connections, channels, and clients relate to each other in IBC.
- Explore light client development.
- Dive into working with the solo machine client.
- Take a look at IBC token transfers.
- Explore interchain accounts.
- Dive into IBC Middleware, with a focus on creating custom IBC Middleware, and how to integrate it into a chain.
- Get an overview of helpful tools for IBC.